st: display minutes and seconds?

From   "B. Timothy Walsh" <>
Subject   st: display minutes and seconds?
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:00:23 -0400

I've read in some dates/times, and would like to be able to see not only month-date-year, but also hours:minutes:seconds. I think I can see how to extract these if I want to compose a string, but it would be useful to see such details in the data editor. Is there a way to format? (In looking for a solution, I'm starting to think not.)
I'm a novice STATA user, running STATA-11.
Tim Walsh