st: Creating an X,Y variable from X and Y columns

From   Martin Pszczola <martinpsz@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Creating an X,Y variable from X and Y columns
Date   Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:28:16 -0500

Hi;

   I am wondering if it is possible to take two columns of values (X and Y) and combine them into one, new variable that is X, Y? For example, say I have 5 variables for X and Y each. X=1 0 1 1 1 Y=0 0 1 1 1 and I want to create a new variable X,Y= 1,0 0,0 1,1 1,1 1,1. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Martin