st: Categorising dates

From   sara khan <sarakhanum84@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Categorising dates
Date   Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:02:22 +0100

Dear Statalisters

I have a list of daily dates inthe format, for example, 23 Sep 09, and
need to create two variables. One is to categorise the days into
weekly data (so week commencing on a Monday). The second is to create
a variable cataegorsing the daily data into monthly data.

I would be grateful for advice on how to do this.

Many thanks.