Re: st: Are my -xtmixed- intercepts accurate?

From   "Clyde Schechter" <clyde.schechter@einstein.yu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Are my -xtmixed- intercepts accurate?
Date   Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:21:39 -0700

<>

One side comment unrelated to the interpretation of the residuals.

If I understood the original post correctly, you want to contrast the
change over time between treatment groups.  In that case, your model
should have a time X tx interaction term among the fixed effects.  So,
assuming time is a discrete variable in your situation, I think it should
look like:

xtmixed avg i.time##i.tx || ...

Clyde Schechter, MA MD
Associate Professor of Family & Social Medicine

Please note new e-mail address: clyde.schechter@einstein.yu.edu