st: AW: Number of a subset of variables in local

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: Number of a subset of variables in local
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:11:13 +0200

<>

sysuse auto, clear
d t*, varlist
local myvars=r(varlist)
local mycount: list sizeof myvars
di in r "Variables found: `myvars', number of vars in there: "  `mycount'

HTH
Martin