st: Tobit with - cmp -

From   "Giacomo Zanello" <g.zanello@reading.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Tobit with - cmp -
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:00:32 +0100

Dear Statalist Participants,

I am learning to use the - cmp - command, but I cannot replicate the tobit
example in Roodman, 2009 with Stata 11.1. Could someone confirm me if the following codes - tobit - and - cmp - give the same output? When I run them, I got different results.

. cmp setup
. webuse laborsup, clear
. tobit fem_inc kids male_educ, ll
. cmp (fem_inc = kids male_educ), ind("cond(fem_inc, $cmp_cont, $cmp_left)") qui

Many thanks for your help.
Giacomo Zanello