Re: st: Tobit with - cmp -

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Tobit with - cmp -
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:21:22 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 19/8/10, Giacomo Zanello wrote:
> I am learning to use the - cmp - command, but I cannot
> replicate the tobit example in Roodman, 2009 with
> Stata 11.1. Could someone confirm me if the following
> codes - tobit - and - cmp - give the same output? When
> I run them, I got different results.
> . cmp setup
> . webuse laborsup, clear
> . tobit fem_inc kids male_educ, ll
> . cmp (fem_inc = kids male_educ), ind("cond(fem_inc,
> $cmp_cont, $cmp_left)")

It is in your own interest to give us the information
we need to answer your question. The Statalist FAQ
gives excelent advise on how to do that. You ignored
two important recommendations. I leave it up to you
to find out what they are. You can find a link to the
FAQ at the bottom of each message on the statalist.

I have tried your code using the version of -cmp- I
downloaded from SSC by typing in Stata:
-ssc install cmp-.

With this version I got as close to the output of
-tobit- as I expected to come given the difference
in estimation method.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie