st: problem scatterplot in Stata11

From   Peter Claeys <>
Subject   st: problem scatterplot in Stata11
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:50:06 +0200

I run the following command in Stata11 to produce a scatterplot of two series, X and Y

twoway (scatter X Y, mlabel(country)) (lfit X Y)

and get the following error message:

option mtextq() not allowed

As far as I can see from the Help function on twoway scatter plots, there is nothing wrong with the syntax of the command, nor with the syntax of the options. What is missing: the version of Stata? the right do file, ...?