st: new Stata package -lstrfun- lets you modify long local macros that contain strings using Mata string functions

From   <Stefan.Gawrich@hlpug.hessen.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: new Stata package -lstrfun- lets you modify long local macros that contain strings using Mata string functions
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:34:27 +0200

  -lstrfun- allows you to modify local macros that contain strings using Mata's
  string functions which are not restricted to the maximum length of strings
  in Stata like the normal string functions in Stata are limited.

Thanks Dan,

very good idea!

I had to write workarounds for this situation in the past so this makes it a lot easier.
I regularly would like to have more than 244 chars for string vars and string manipulation in Stata.

Stefan Gawrich
Dillenburg
Germany