st: AW: problem scatterplot in Stata11

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: problem scatterplot in Stata11
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:05:48 +0200

Does work for me:

sysuse auto, clear
tw (scatter  weight length, mlabel(foreign)) (lfit weight length)

Is your Stata fully -update-d? Maybe -set tr on- and see where Stata gets

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Peter Claeys
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. August 2005 13:50
Betreff: st: problem scatterplot in Stata11

I run the following command in Stata11 to produce a scatterplot of two
series, X and Y

twoway (scatter X Y, mlabel(country)) (lfit X Y)

and get the following error message:

option mtextq() not allowed

As far as I can see from the Help function on twoway scatter plots,
there is nothing wrong with the syntax of the command, nor with the
syntax of the options. What is missing: the version of Stata? the right
do file, ...?