st: xtnbreg and mfx

From   "Donghyun Lee" <dlee12@uoregon.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: xtnbreg and mfx
Date   Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:37:50 -0700

Hi,

I'm using xtnbreg for my work and I'm trying to get the marginal effect.
However, when I type mfx after running the regression using xtnbreg, the coefficients are the same as before, i.e. original coefficients from xtnbreg and marginal effect are the same.
How is this possible? Is computing marginal effect using mfx not possible for xtnbreg? What other options are available if I want to get marginal effect?

thanks

Don