Re: st: xtnbreg and mfx

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: xtnbreg and mfx
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:33:40 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 17/8/10, Donghyun Lee wrote:
> I'm using xtnbreg for my work and I'm trying to get the
> marginal effect. However, when I type mfx after running
> the regression using xtnbreg, the coefficients are the
> same as before

If you don't specify the -predict()- option in -mfx-, then
-mfx- will use the default predict option of the preceding
estimation command. The default predict option for -xtnbreg-
is the linear predictor, so that is why you got the same
coeficients. The solution is to specify the -predict()-
option or interpret the incidence ratios, which follow more
naturaly from count models.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie