Re: st: Re: Your paper on Stata,SAS and SPSS

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Your paper on Stata,SAS and SPSS
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:53:59 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 10/8/10, John F Hall wrote:
> Listers have sent one or two one-liners, but with no
> accompanying output examples.

I am one of those people who answer with lines of code
without adding the output. However, instead I usually
link to an FAQ I wrote that, among others, contains a
step by step guide:

I have two reasons for not sending output: 1) Many
email clients wraps the output, which often makes
it unreadable, 2) Doing is the best way of learning.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen