st: RE: RE: changes to scatter ? 'predxcat' not working with connect option

From   "Hoffman, George" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: changes to scatter ? 'predxcat' not working with connect option
Date   Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:35:27 -0500

I'm sorry nick. Thank you for trying to enforce etiquette.

The source for predxcat is the ssc collection.

.which predxcat
*! version 3.1.1 JMGarrett 26Mar06

The program declares stata to run in version 8 mode.
So I guess the question is, has there been a change in the emulation of older stata versions in the more recent stata updates (or from version 10 to 11)

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 9:57 AM
Subject: st: RE: changes to scatter ? 'predxcat' not working with connect option

I can't find a precise source for this command. The FAQ requests

"Say what command(s) you are using. If they are not part of official
Stata, say where they come from: the STB/SJ, SSC, or other archives."

Hoffman, George

On march 30, 2010, I ran the following command without difficulty:

predxcat fo2 if flush==0, xv(sample) mod gr connect(l l l)

today, I get the following error:

option connect() not allowed

predxcat is a user-writen program by joanne garrett to compute and graph
main effects from anova-type analyses. It uses scatter as the underlying
graph type.

Stata is updated to 11.1.