Re: st: eq and regh commands

From   Conor Hughes <>
Subject   Re: st: eq and regh commands
Date   Sat, 7 Aug 2010 21:27:55 -0500

Hi Jeremy,
-eq- went out with Stata 6, I believe.  It still runs on newer
versions of Stata (at least, it does on my Stata 10), but there isn't
documentation for it.  -eq- creates a new variable that is a linear
combination of the variables in the varlist.  Just try -help eq-, it
gives suggestions of some ways you might want to update your code, if
you feel it's really necessary.

-regh- is user written, it gives you ML estimates for a multiplicative
heteroskedasticity regression model.

- Conor

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Jeremy C. Green <> wrote:
> I am working with code similar to the following:
> eq var1: var 2 var3
> eq var4: var5 var6 var7
> regh var1 var4
> I think that this code is from an older version of Stata.  What does
> this code do, and how might it be translated into commands for use in
> more recent versions of Stata?
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *