st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #3872

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #3872
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:35:31 -0400

On Aug 6, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Burak wrote:

> I am trying to estimate an hybrid New Keynesian Phillips curve. Currently I
> am using ivreg2 with the following command
> ivreg2 gnd dum11 dum22 dum33 L.gnd mc (F.gnd = L.gnd L2.gnd L3.gnd L4.gnd
> L.cpi L2.cpi L3.cpi L4.cpi L.rint L2.rint L3.rint L4.rint L.bpfilt L2.bpfilt
> L3.bpfilt L4.bpfilt, gmm2s robust bw(auto)
> what I want to do is to preimpose a restriction such that the coefficients
> of L.gnd and F.gnd sum up to one, and then estimate this. Is there a way to
> do this?

ivreg2 D.gnd dum11 dum22 dum33 mc (FLgnd = L(1/4).gnd etc.

where FLgnd = F.gnd - L.gnd

Works the same way as imposing CRTS algebraically on a two-factor production fn. The
coefficient on FLgnd is the coefficient of F.gnd in the original eqn. lincom can calculate the
point and interval estimate of its complement (the coefficient of L.gnd in the original eqn.)

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |