st: RE: Re: statalist-digest V4 #3872

From   "Burak Darbaz" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: statalist-digest V4 #3872
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:26:26 +0100

Dear Professor Baum,

Thanks a lot for the answer.

First, in the original specification (unrestricted), I get the following
coefficients

F.gnd = .5361618
L.gnd = .4614466

(they are all significant), so they already sum up to approximately one.

Then, when I try to restrict it by using the approach you have shown (D.gnd
on the left hand side and F.gnd-L.gnd on the right hand side), I get
a coefficient FLgnd = .4480393 (significant)

Isn't this a bit off? I mean, it drops from .53 to .44 even though the
unrestricted model's coefficients almost sum up to one.

Besides that, I couldn't manage to use lincom to get the coeff on L.gnd,
however, shouldnt 1-(FLgnd's coefficient) should be enough to get it?

Thanks a lot

Burak Darbaz