st: AW: Panelvar

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Panelvar
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:03:22 +0200

it beforehand.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Hobst
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. August 2010 10:00
Betreff: st: Panelvar

 I have a panaldata set. I want to use the brandnames as the panel ID
variable, but obviously Stata doesnt accpet a string variable as the panel
ID var. How can i create a variable that defines a unique numbre for every
brand name so i can use it as the panel ID var for my paneldata?

Thanks a lot for your help.