[no subject]

I additionally have 7 other variables a, b, c, d, e, f, g that I would like to add to the original model in all possible combinations ie:

original model or a
original model or b
original model or c
original model or d
original model or e
original model or f
original model or g
original model or a or b
original model or a or c
original model or a or b or c
original model or a or b or d
original model or a or b or c or d or e or f or g

I am scratching my head trying to work out how to include this loop within the original loop and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Do file so far is:
[r12cough and rrate1 are two of the seven additional variables I am adding in combination to the original model and are shown as an example of what I am trying to achieve... but by using a loop]

xi:logistic died i.sex1 i.r18unwel_1 i.r21dyspn i.r25whtl i.hiv i.pulse1

*generates a variable p which is the probability of each individual being a case, based on this logistic regression model
predict p
*generates a variable x which is going to be used as the mortality status based on the model
gen x_reg=0
gen y_reg=0
gen x_h=0
gen y_h=0
qui gen n=1

*Creates a loop to do the sens/spec/ppv/npv for cutoffs from 0.005 to 0.650 - incrementing by 0.005

forvalues i=0.005(0.005)0.65 {
*resets x to zero within each value of cutoff
qui replace x_reg=0
qui replace y_reg=0
qui replace x_h=0
qui replace y_h=0
disp ""
disp ""
disp "cutoff = " `i'
*replaces x=1 if the individual has a probability of being a case which is higher than the cutoff i
qui replace x_reg=1 if p>=`i' & p!=.

qui replace x_h=1 if (p>=`i' & p!=.)
qui replace x_h=0 if p<`i'

*add in combinations of additional variables with high specificity
qui replace x_h=1 if (p>=`i' & p!=.) | r12cough==1 | rrate1==1
qui replace x_h=0 if p<`i' & r12cough!=1 & rrate1!=1

*tabulates true mortality status (died) against predicted (x) for each cutoff value
disp "True vs predicted mortality status based on LR model only"
tab died x_reg, row
disp "True vs predicted mortality status based on LR model plus r12cough or rrate1"
tab died x_h, row

qui replace y_reg=1-x_reg
qui replace y_h=1-x_h
preserve
qui collapse (sum) x_reg y_reg x_h y_h n, by(died)
qui gen sensspec_reg=x_reg/n if died==1
qui gen sensspec_h=x_h/n if died==1
qui gen id=1
qui replace sensspec_reg=y_reg/n if died!=1
qui replace sensspec_h=y_h/n if died!=1
qui reshape wide sensspec_reg x_reg y_reg sensspec_h x_h y_h n, i(id) j(died)
qui gen lr_reg=sensspec_reg1/(1-sensspec_reg0)
qui gen ppv_reg=x_reg1/(x_reg0+x_reg1)
qui gen npv_reg=y_reg0/(y_reg0+y_reg1)
qui gen lr_h=sensspec_reg1/(1-sensspec_h0)
qui gen ppv_h=x_h1/(x_h0+x_h1)
qui gen npv_h=y_h0/(y_h0+y_h1)
disp "Sensitivity based on LR model only = " %5.3f sensspec_reg1  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Specificity based on LR model only = " %5.3f sensspec_reg0  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Positive predictive value based on LR model only = " %5.3f ppv_reg  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Negative predictive value based on LR model only = " %5.3f npv_reg  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Likelihood ratio based on LR model only = " %5.3f lr_reg  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Sensitivity based on LR model plus r12cough or rrate1= " %5.3f sensspec_h1  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Specificity based on LR model plus r12cough or rrate1= " %5.3f sensspec_h0  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Positive predictive value based on LR model plus r12cough or rrate1h= " %5.3f ppv_h  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Negative predictive value based on LR model plus r12cough or rrate1= " %5.3f npv_h  " at cutoff p="  `i'
disp "Likelihood ratio based on LR model plus r12cough or rrate1= " %5.3f lr_h  " at cutoff p="  `i'

restore
}

Many thanks,

Peter MacPherson