RE: st: Spss vs Stata

From   David Kantor <kantor.d@att.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   RE: st: Spss vs Stata
Date   Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:42:08 -0400

At 12:08 PM 8/4/2010, Robert Ploutz-Snyder  wrote:

[...]
know that you can insert pseudo-comments into your log file merely by typing them in the command window and hitting enter. Stata will return an error because it has not idea what you are typing, but your words do get into the log file nevertheless! (I see that Maarten just posted a nice bit of code for this as I type.)

Just begin the line with an asterisk, and it's a real comment, not an error.
But the other style of comment delimiters delimiters (// and /* */) don't work in typed-in commands.