Re: st: Spss vs Stata

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Spss vs Stata
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2010 15:32:31 +0000

n Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Yves Therriault <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just wish that Stata could
> give the user the option to choose a more convenient way to work with
> its output. Or a better copy/paste functionality! Should Stata decide
> not to offer such an option, I'll do what most other Stata users did,
> I'll learn to work with user-written programmes like tabout or estout
> ; - ).

I don't see that there is any real distinction in using "official"
Stata programs v's user-written ones, they follow the same syntax
structure and integrate seamlessly.

In a sense Stata _did_ give the end-user a more convenient way to work
with its output, just at a higher level than you are perhaps thinking
of, by providing a system whereby users can write their own programs
to provide functionality that is not available in "official" programs!

Neil
--
"One should as a rule, respect public opinion in so far as is
necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/