Re: st: Fixed - effects

To   stata list <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Fixed - effects
Date   Sun, 1 Aug 2010 14:07:06 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 1/8/10, Ignacio Pardo wrote to me privately:
> I''m my case it's measures nested into individuals, so I
> think I'd prefer xtgee...

Typically, you want to use a fixed effects estimator in
such a case, in that case you will get the effect on an
individual while controlling for every characteristic
that is constant within an individual. Think of population
average models as models for groups and fixed and random
effects models as models for individuals.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie