Re: st: national sample survey data (India)

From   Abhimanyu Arora <abhimanyu.arora1987@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: national sample survey data (India)
Date   Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:41:14 +0200

As far as I am aware of, NSS data is provided in notepad (.txt
format), (around 8 in number) that cover the whole of India. I think
there is an excel file provided with the data as well (apart from
survey documentation) which gives details on how the data is organized
(blocks and levels). The first step is to use the information in the
excel file to create a dictionary file for loading the .txt data into
stata (later one can append/merge the 8 datasets so obtained).