st: national sample survey data (India)

From   Deepankar Basu <dbasu@econs.umass.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: national sample survey data (India)
Date   Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:43:52 -0400

Hi Stata Users,

I am using Stata 10 and trying to read in unit-level data from the 61st Round of National Sample Survey (Consumption Expenditure). I am having trouble converting the information about sample design provided in the documentation into the "svyset" command for Stata. I was wondering if anyone has used this data set earlier and could inform me how she/he provided the survey details to Stata.

Thanks in advance.
Deepankar