Re: st: summary statistics with mi multiple imputation

From   David Bell <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: summary statistics with mi multiple imputation
Date   Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:35:51 -0400

--
Alan,

One imagines that you do not have much missing data for your demographic variables.  I would in general be inclined to give descriptive statistics on non-missing data only.  This avoids any question from readers (and reviewers) about whether the imputation method introduced any biases.  The non-missing data are are, of course, the sample from which imputations are to be made.  If you include Ns, then readers can see how much data were imputed.

Dave
David C. Bell
Professor of Sociology
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
(317) 278-1336