st: summary statistics with mi multiple imputation

From   Alan Acock <>
Subject   st: summary statistics with mi multiple imputation
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:35:07 -0700

When imputing 20 datasets and dong a logistic regression, I still need some descriptive statistics on background/demographic variables to describe the sample.
a. Should I report the demographic means/sd's for each variable using the original dataset and N for each variable?
b. Should I report the grand mean treating the 20 datasets as one big dataset?
c. What is the best practice? Is there a way to get confidence intervals that around the means that take the multiple imputation into account?

Perhaps I'm missing something that is quite obvious.

--Alan Acock