RE: Re: st: multifactor models

From   "Tharyan, Rajesh" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: multifactor models
Date   Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:17:47 +0100

Hi

GRSTEST module is available to perform the Ross Shanken (1989) test.

. findit grstest

I also have written a module called FMTEST to perform the fama-macbeth procedure with both rolling and nonrolling betas and applying the shanken correction. I still haven’t written a help file for that so it is not up on ssc. But I can send it to you privately.

Regards
Rajesh tharyan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: 16 July 2010 10:30
To: [email protected]
Subject: R: Re: st: multifactor models

Sorry for not being precise. I now give the references for my question.

Thanks,

Andrea

Fama E., MacBeth J., Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests, 1973,
Journal of
Political Economy, Vol. 81, Issue 3, pp. 607-636.

Gibbons M.R., Ross S.A., J. Shanken (1989), A test of the efficiency of a
given portfolio,
Econometrica, 57, p.1121-1152.

Shanken J., On the Estimation of Beta-Pricing Models, 1992, Review of
Financial
Studies, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1-33.

refer to publications with just minimal details (e.g., author and date).
Questions of the form “Has anyone implemented the heteroscedasticity under a
full moon test of Sue, Grabbit, and Runne (1989)?” admittedly divide the world.
Anyone who has not heard of the said test would not be helped by the full
reference to answer the question, but they might well appreciate the full
reference.