AW: st: AW: mfxrcspline : error message in Stata11

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: st: AW: mfxrcspline : error message in Stata11
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:36:18 +0200

And yet, strangely, Bruno does not seem to have used the "factor variable notation" in any way in his call to -ssc d mfxrcspline-. I tried to recreate his problem, but all efforts failed. The "click-to-run" examples in the help file do work as expected. So I would ask Bruno to -set tr on- and report the area around the error...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Maarten buis
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2010 11:31
Betreff: Re: st: AW: mfxrcspline : error message in Stata11

--- On Thu, 15/7/10, Martin Weiss wrote:
> The -program- sets -version- to 10. So the new features
> under 11, in particular -fvvarlist-s, are not yet
> implemented.

Martin maybe on to something. None of my programs allow the new
factor variable notation. This is not because I think that it is
a bad idea, but just because I haven't found the time to find
out how to implement it. I have tried out some examples with and
without the new factor variable notation, and indeed everything
works as expected as long as you don't use the factor variable
notation but errors are returned as soon as the factor varaibles
are used.

Thanks for the report,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie