st: mfxrcspline : error message in Stata11

From   SCHOUMAKER Bruno <>
Subject   st: mfxrcspline : error message in Stata11
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:58:55 +0200

This question is more specifically addressed to Maarten as the author of the command (but Martin's, Joe's or anyone else's answer is also welcome !)

I used mfxrcspline with Stata10. I recently upgraded to Stata11, ran on Stata11 the do file that worked (and still works) with Stata10, and I got the following error message

. mfxrcspline, link(log) level(80) generate(marg margl margu)
o. operator not allowed

Do you know what this message means and how to solve it ?

Centre de recherche en démographie et sociétés
Université catholique de Louvain
1-17 PLace Montesquieu
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve

Tel. +32 10 474136