st: not concave poisson model

From   Ali Khashan <alikhashan@yahoo.co.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: not concave poisson model
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:41:33 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,

I am fitting a Poisson model with aggregated person-years two time dependent variables; age, calendar year. I also have three other variables in the model.

When I run the model, the first iterations are  have  the message (not concave) but they converge at the end. If I remove age from the model it converges with no (not concave) message at all. The age variable is in 2-year categories (14-15, 16-17,......until 46-47). Considering that the model converges at the end, do I have to worry about the results? If yes what should I look for?

Many thanks,
Ali