st: AW: "vertical filter and sum of data"

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: "vertical filter and sum of data"
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:28:47 +0200

Maximiliano may also want to take a look at NJC`s seminal

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Maximiliano
Manuel Silva Correa
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Juli 2010 16:53
Betreff: st: "vertical filter and sum of data"

Dear Stata Community,

Id like to sum vertically some entries of my data but i dont know how.
Could you please tell me the sintax and structure of how to do this?

Suppose we have a several power transmission lines with several
substations in between, all over the US, indexed from 1 to Ni,
corresponding to a certain line Li. Each substation has a power
consumption (suppose one line per state). Additionaly we have a time
variable MONTH.

The structure of the data is

Fixing LINE, MONTH, id like to sum POWER all over (S_INDEX) the line.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :) .