st: "vertical filter and sum of data"

From   Maximiliano Manuel Silva Correa <>
Subject   st: "vertical filter and sum of data"
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:53:22 -0400

Dear Stata Community,

Id like to sum vertically some entries of my data but i dont know how.
Could you please tell me the sintax and structure of how to do this?

Suppose we have a several power transmission lines with several
substations in between, all over the US, indexed from 1 to Ni,
corresponding to a certain line Li. Each substation has a power
consumption (suppose one line per state). Additionaly we have a time
variable MONTH.

The structure of the data is

Fixing LINE, MONTH, id like to sum POWER all over (S_INDEX) the line.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :) .