Re: st: glm executes very very slow

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: glm executes very very slow
Date   Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:14:42 +0000

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM, G. Dai <> wrote:
> Good advice. What confused me is that the probit runs the data very
> well, while glm not.
> one lesson, not trust any command not written by oneself.

Good luck writing your own stats package from scratch and validating
it then! ;-)

-glm- (and -probit- for that matter) is an official Stata do-file and
will have been tested thoroughly by Statacorp.

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -