st: glm executes very very slow

From   "G. Dai" <>
Subject   st: glm executes very very slow
Date   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:03:03 -0700

hi all,
I guess it might be useful to open a new thread for my problem.

I'm using glm command to estimate a fraction probit model.
however, when the do file goes to the following glm estimation,
it becomes very very slow. actually, it took me hours to finish the estimation.

I tried it on STATA SE 11.1 in a MAC and on STATA MP 11.0 in the department

any help is appreciated.

************************excerpt begins******************
svy: glm   r`i'pin r`i'`x'nhu /*parental NH stay experience*/
               h`i'itot h`i'atotf /*income and financial wealth*/
               r`i'conde r`i'adlsa r`i'iadlsa /*health condition and status*/
               r`i'nrshom /*past NH experience*/
               raedyrs  r`i'agey_b  ragender /*identity*/
               h`i'child r`i'hiltc /*health insurance and children*/
               i.r`i'cenreg,fam(bi 1) link(probit);
Note, where r`i'pin is the fractional variable ranges from 0 to
1,which massive point at 0.