Re: st: RE: How to test whether data follows Exp distribution?

Subject   Re: st: RE: How to test whether data follows Exp distribution?
Date   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:25:42 -0400

"3. You can -stset- your variable as if it were a survival time and
follow with -streg, d(e)- specifying just the response, and no
predictors."
-streg, d(e)- will return

I think this is what Nick had in mind:''

*************************
set more off
webuse kva, clear
streg, d(e) //exponential, no parameters
streg, d(e) nohr // exponential log hazard

streg, d(w) nohr //weibull
streg, d(w) nohr vce(robust) // weibull
*************************

The test that ln_p = 0  from the last 2 commands is a test of the
weibull versus the exponential. For a test against parametric
alternatives, There are other one-parameter generalizations of the
exponential distribution, including gamma (in -streg-), Pareto,
Rayleigh. I would also guess that Lambert and Royston's flexible
spline models (-stpm- -stpm2- from SSC) can provide a test of a
constant hazard function.

Steve

--
Steven Samuels