Re: st: RE: Speeding up time series regressions on a multi-processor computer

From   "Peter Velte" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Speeding up time series regressions on a multi-processor computer
Date   Mon, 05 Jul 2010 15:19:55 +0200

Tried your suggestion and it helped a bit. Yet, still the 8-core server is substantially slower than my single core laptop with Stata IC.

Isn't there any regression script, which can calculate multiple Newey-West-robust time series regressions simultaneously/parallely through matrix operations?

If I understand function mvreg correctly it does just this, but unfortunately cannot handle unbalanced panels and cannot estimate Newey-West standard errors. Anyone who knows an extension of mvreg?

Thanks for your help,
Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------