st: -svyset- methods to account for singleton PSUs

From   James Shaw <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -svyset- methods to account for singleton PSUs
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 09:14:21 -0500

Can anyone cite references that discuss the singleunit(centered) and
singleunit(scaled) methods for accommodating singleton PSUs?  I would
expect the certainty and scaled methods to yield downward-biased
variance estimates and the centered method to yield upward-biased
estimates.  However, it is not clear to me if and how the magnitudes
of the biases differ among the methods.

Regards,

Jim

James W. Shaw, Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Administration
College of Pharmacy
University of Illinois at Chicago
833 South Wood Street, M/C 871, Room 252
Chicago, IL 60612
Tel.: 312-355-5666
Fax: 312-996-0868
Mobile Tel.: 215-852-3045