Re: st: RE: probit model sample size

Subject   Re: st: RE: probit model sample size
Date   Fri, 2 Jul 2010 23:18:04 -0400

Now I don't know what you did:
1. Have you run a model with 20 variables in at one time?
2. Did you do some kind of selection process to narrow  the variables
down to seven "significant" ones? What was it
3. Most important, what is the purpose of your analysis: exploration?
prediction?  to study the association of your outcome with a small
number of primary variables, with the others of secondary interest?
to investigate  specific hypotheses?

For certain:
1) If analysis that had 20 variables in the model at the same time,
even at the start, then you must start with a reduced set.
2) If you employed a selection process like "keep only significant
variables" or "stepwise",  the p-values of the significant variables
are not believable.
3) Your exact strategy will depend on the purpose of your analysis.