RE: st: RE: (New) Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

From   "Muenchen, Robert A (Bob)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: (New) Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...
Date   Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:31:17 -0400

I said that the downloads on that link are similar to those of
Bioconductor. It's similar in that they contain only add-ons. Neither
the Bioconductor site nor SSC contain the main products, R and Stata,
respectively. But I can see that people who don't know Bioconductor
would have no way of knowing that. I've changed that sentence to clarify
it:

"Similar figures for downloads of Stata add-ons (not Stata itself) are
available at
http://logec.repec.org/scripts/itemstat.pf?type=redif-software.";

Thanks for the advice!

>2. statalist and statalist-digest are managed separately. I just did a
>count, and got 3696 members as a total. I checked and found only 48
>people sad or keen enough to subscribe to the list and the digest. Thus
>the number of Statalist subscribers is currently above 3600. (The
number
>of list and digest subscribers is currently about equal, so it's clear
>that Bob counted list but not digest, or perhaps vice versa.)

Yes, I'm sorry about that. Martin Weiss tried to set me straight on that
on Tuesday but Microsoft decided to toss his email into the Junk folder.
Grrr! Luckily he persisted with my Google address & I fixed it this
morning, sorting Stata into its rightful place higher in the table.

Cheers,
Bob