Re: st: query on right-censored predictors/covariates

From   Phil Schumm <>
Subject   Re: st: query on right-censored predictors/covariates
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:55:21 -0500

On Jun 24, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Richard Goldstein wrote:
thank you for the info about the -ice- options -- the variables are *not* interval censored -- only the top is censored (e.g., I have the actual counts if they are less than 10, but have a value of 10 for any observation that has a count of at least 10; another example is that I have actual age if less than 90, but anyone who is at least 90 years of age has the value 90;

-ice- can handle intervals of the form [a,infinity), and you can also impose an upper bound so that you don't generate implausibly high values.

the count variable is definitely not normally distributed

As I said, as long as you can transform to approximate normality for the imputation step, I think you'd be fine. You could then just transform back to the original scale to fit your model.

-- Phil