st: RE: RE: Simple panel data mean plot

From   Yann DE MEY <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Simple panel data mean plot
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:24:31 +0200

Thank you for this working solution. However, a method that does not clear/replace my current dataset would be more practical. I really feel like this is a simple 'problem' and hope there is another easy command?

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: donderdag 24 juni 2010 12:07
Subject: st: RE: Simple panel data mean plot

-collapse- first; then it's -twoway line-.

I have a very simple problem: I have a panel dataset and would like to
easily get an overview graph that plots the mean of all observations as
a function of year and connects them with a line. Basically I want to
plot the results from:

table year, contents (mean VARIABLE)

The 'mband' command is the closest I found, but this command uses the
median and not the mean.