st: Simple panel data mean plot

From   Yann DE MEY <>
Subject   st: Simple panel data mean plot
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:03:51 +0200

Dear STATAlist,

I have a very simple problem: I have a panel dataset and would like to easily get an overview graph that plots the mean of all observations as a function of year and connects them with a line. Basically I want to plot the results from:

table year, contents (mean VARIABLE)

The ‘mband’ command is the closest I found, but this command uses the median and not the mean.