st: RE: Simple panel data mean plot

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Simple panel data mean plot
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:06:39 +0100

-collapse- first; then it's -twoway line-.

I have a very simple problem: I have a panel dataset and would like to
easily get an overview graph that plots the mean of all observations as
a function of year and connects them with a line. Basically I want to
plot the results from:

table year, contents (mean VARIABLE)

The 'mband' command is the closest I found, but this command uses the
median and not the mean.