st: xtmelogit versus gllamm?

From   Jessi Bishop-royse <jessibishoproyse@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: xtmelogit versus gllamm?
Date   Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:26:45 -0700 (PDT)

Good evening statalisters.  I have been looking into multilevel modeling with stata and have come to an impasse.  I cant figure out the difference between gllamm and xtmelogit.  I have run analyses in both and end up with dramatically different results.  Can anyone describe the differences between the two and why one would use one versus the other?  And what factors they use to make the decision which to use??

Thanks so much!
Jessi