st: AW: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...
Date   Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:40:50 +0200

Figure 4 could be amended with the information about -ssc- packages for
Stata. Also, -ssc hot- gives you an indication of how often packages are
downloaded, instead of a mere count of how many packages are available.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Muenchen,
Robert A (Bob)
Gesendet: Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010 15:31
Betreff: st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

Hi All,

I've been fiddling around with various ways to estimate the popularity
of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, JMP, Minitab, Statistica, Systat, BMDP, S-PLUS,
R-PLUS and Revolution R. It's not an easy task. You can see what I've
come up with so far at . I'm sure people
will have plenty of ideas on how to improve this, so please let me know
what you think.

  Bob Muenchen (pronounced Min'-chen), Manager
  Research Computing Support
  Voice: (865) 974-5230