st: AW: subsample estimation in xtabond

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: subsample estimation in xtabond
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:42:49 +0200

You can read up on this issue on page 89 of manual [U]:

" Stata uses a double equal sign to denote
equality testing and one equal sign to denote assignment"

Further down, page 145:

" Observe that the relational operator for equality is a pair
of equal signs. This convention distinguishes relational equality from the
=exp assignment phrase."

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Jason Hecht
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. Juni 2010 22:09
Betreff: st: subsample estimation in xtabond

I have indicator variables (e.g., China=1, 0=otherwise) and would like
to use the "IF" feature in xtabond to only include observations for
China in the estimation.  However, when I type "china=1" under the
"IF: (expresion)" line , I get an "=exp not allowed error."  Is there
a quick fix here?  Thanks so much.