st: subsample estimation in xtabond

From   Jason Hecht <>
Subject   st: subsample estimation in xtabond
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 16:09:12 -0400

I have indicator variables (e.g., China=1, 0=otherwise) and would like
to use the "IF" feature in xtabond to only include observations for
China in the estimation.  However, when I type "china=1" under the
"IF: (expresion)" line , I get an "=exp not allowed error."  Is there
a quick fix here?  Thanks so much.