st: AW: subsample estimation in xtabond

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: subsample estimation in xtabond
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:11:55 +0200

<>

You need to use two equal signs (China==1):

*************
sysuse auto, clear
reg price weight length if rep78==3
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Jason Hecht
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. Juni 2010 22:09
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: subsample estimation in xtabond

I have indicator variables (e.g., China=1, 0=otherwise) and would like
to use the "IF" feature in xtabond to only include observations for
China in the estimation.  However, when I type "china=1" under the
"IF: (expresion)" line , I get an "=exp not allowed error."  Is there
a quick fix here?  Thanks so much.