st: AW: how to save summarize data

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: how to save summarize data
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:29:24 +0200

No need to loop, as far as I can see:

bys company: egen meanefn=mean(EFN)

See NJC`s

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Thomas Gericks
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. Juni 2010 17:22
Betreff: st: how to save summarize data

I am working with panel data. I am analyzing several companies over a time period.

I generated a variable indicating the capital structure (EFN) of the company for every year.
Now I want to have the mean per company over the time period.

I know how to get it but i want to save the mean as a new variable.

A way to read it is:

bys company, summarize EFN

how can i now save it as a variable for every company?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Thomas Gericks

WEB.DE DSL ab 19,99 Euro/Monat. Bis zu 150,- Euro Startguthaben und
50,- Euro Geldprämie inklusive!