st: How to filter data

From   Thomas Gericks <>
Subject   st: How to filter data
Date   Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:25:31 +0200 (CEST)

I am analyzing a paneldataset.
I have two questions:

1. How do i sum up all the sales of several companies per year or quarter. Do i have do to that in a new dataset?

2. I gernerated a new variable that marks when a company grew in the last quarter more than 50% with a 1. now i want to delete all observations of that company in the dataset in order to limit biases of M&As. I have different number ob observations per company( quartely reporting)

As I have no programming background I'm overstrained with the syntax.

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards,
Thomas Gericks
WEB.DE DSL ab 19,99 Euro/Monat. Bis zu 150,- Euro Startguthaben und
50,- Euro Geldprämie inklusive!